Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Forever Babyface

We've heard of the saying "too old for your age/you look older than you look" but it can also be the other way around, "too young for your age/you look younger than you look" for example,when applied to these actors!

Moon Geun Young (문근영--25)



I've watched Moon back in her childhood days (Autumn Tale) and in her grown up roles in the present. Yet, whenever I look at her, no matter what age she's supposed to portray I always see a little girl in her. She kind of overcame this in Cinderella's Sister, because I did see a mature woman at times, but darn, it's that babyface that always throws me off.

Yoon Seung Ah (윤승아-- 29)




Yoon Seung Ah, like Moon can't seem to get rid of that babyface. It's cute and all, but I think it's an imedpement when it comes to taking on different roles. If she's cast in a mature role (like all babyfaced here, not saying just her), it'll look 'unrealistic' unless they can truly pull it off. For now, based on my knowledge, I don't think Yoon has acted any of those roles so I can't say much.

Shin Min Ah (신민아--28)



Shin Min Ah is an exception to this critique. Yes, she does have a babyface, but her chiselled features do make up for it and she can take on a mature , serious role. I know she's been known for her advertismenets, but she can also shine in dramas as well. I've had the pleasure of watching "Arang and the Magistrate" and totally fell in love with her character and chemistry with Lee Jun Ki.

Chun Jung Myung (천정명--32)



















It was hard to think of a list of 'baby-faced guys' but there was one I immediately thought of : Chun Jung Myung (who also starred in Cinderella's Sister with Moon). I mean what can I say, he's just so adorable! You just want to pinch his cheeks, seriously. Its harder for a guy to act cutesy roles, so for him to overcome this barrier and take on mature, serious roles is a huge thumbs up. I remember him in Fashion 70's as the rebellious son and protective second lead. I'm sure he's had many other memorable roles, I just haven't watched them yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment