Monday, January 14, 2013

Actor Kim Nam Gil Joins as First Singer for ‘Yawang’s OST

I came across this song yesterday on youtube and I was like "Kim Nam Gil...the actor?" No, it couldn't be. So I brushed it off as another singer with the same name. But then after my daily k-news update today, I find out...it's really the actor Kim Nam Gil!


Actor Kim Nam Gil has joined the production of SBS’Yawang not as an actor but as a singer.

Yawang unveiled its first OST track, You Don′t Know, which was sung by Kim Nam Gil, on January 14. 

The song, which will act as the main theme song, required a singer with extensive range, and actor Kim Nam Gil reportedly easily delivered. 

The show′s producers requested Kim Nam Gil to sing the song, composed and written by Park Sun Joo, after they heard him sing at a fan meeting in December. 

The song’s release coincides with the premiere episode of the much-anticipated drama starring Kwon Sang Woo and Soo Ae on January 14.

Photo Credit: Star J Entertainment
credit


What's surprising was, he sang not as an actor for the show, but just as a singer. And second, I'm just surprised, I don't know why!

His voice is soothing, dreamy and as the article stated, he certainly does have an 'extensive range'.

Oh, I was also looking forward to watching Yawang, maybe that's why. This makes it even better!

Youtube:

0 comments:

Post a Comment