Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Great Seer Episode 5&6



Finally catching up with some drama-watching.

The Great Seer certainly does not disappoint as the storyline is fast-paced, at times emotional, at times exhilarating. Gosh, I just love it.

Episode 5, to sum it up in one sentence would be :



Really.


Notable Performances




I've always seen Ji Jin Hee in roles where he was either a king, or some official so in my mind he always portrayed this 'reserved', 'well-mannered' guy. I'm glad to see him portray Lee Sung Gye's character with a touch of 'wild', 'hot-headed', and sometimes a 'crazy' guy.

Secondly is Ryu Tae Joon who plays King Gongmin. It seems he's been in the industry for around 6 years, but he's probably not known to many. However I noticed him right away because he was in the drama "Hwang Jin Yi (2006)" playing the 'evil guy' who tried to court Hwang Jin Yi (Ha Ji Won). I actually liked him out of all the guys in that show, and he gave a great performance. He's amazing in here, portraying a weak King Gongmin who wants to be strong, but can't.
 OK, now on to the real highlight of episode 5 which had my heart racing. And no surprise, another thrilling chase with great sword-fighting scenes and some tense moments!

Uh, let's call it:

Battle in the Woods 

Ji Sang gets taken (again!) by the bad guys. Sitting here thinking 'Oh no, not again' when Lee Sung Gye's right hand man (the funny one) saves him! OK, we can breathe again.
 On the other hand, Lee Sung Gye successfully reaches the person he's been looking for, the mastermind behind the whole assassination : the head priestess.
 And he takes his sword and swings it at her slashing..........


her veil. Whew, I know she can't die that easily, but that was still a tense moment!
 While Lee Sung Gye's other loyal comrade is fighting Moo Yeong (FYI: meaning no shadow), there really was a moment where I thought he was going to die! I actually covered my eyes here because the thought of having a good guy die just wasn't going to make me happy.
Luckily Moo Yeong knows his priorities and jumps away to save the priestess.

Find Your Mother and Protect Her




While Dong Yoon is catching his final breath, he tells Ji Sang to find his mother and protect her, and luckily is able to tell him one thing before he dies: your mother's ring...

Great. Which was just taken by the evil priestess.














Rough night for Ji Sang.

OK, it's totally confusing that the main lead is called Ji Sang, while the actor going to play the adult version is called Ji Sung. I get mixed up at times.

Episode 6

Nothing really happened to note in this episode.

 Is it weird, that I actually want Young Ji to accept Lee In Im's heart? However it's impossible since he killed the man she loved and her son (or she thinks). This guy really needs some lessons on winning a woman's heart the right way.
 Doesn't it seem funny in dramas when the bad guys finally get hold of the guy they're chasing and don't actually check to make sure he's 'really' dead. Of course it's written that way for drama purposes, but those thoughts do pop up.
I understand what Young Ji is feeling now, but I never knew she would leave Jung Geun like that even though he isn't her biological son. I thought maybe she would have been swayed just one bit for him, but it doesn't seem that way. I wonder what Jung Geun will feel once he knows she is not his real mother...
Back to Ja Mi Won. And really, Mo Hak the monk should tell everyone out there seeking it that: there's no use even if you have the map, you need to be the one with 'divine eyes'. So stop fighting over it. The end.















To Ban Ya now, who's a really pitiful character. Now we will really understand her basis, her grounds on becoming evil. I really liked Park Min Ji, she can really act. I can't wait for Lee Yoon Ji to take on afterwards.

2 more episodes left until the entrance of the adult characters...

I know I've said this before, but this show has really great instrumental music, and I really hope they release all of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment