Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Drama Schedule ["Old" Shows] // Part 2


Damo OST: Da Mo (Oboe Solo)






Let's face it. Korean dramas are so plentiful, there is just not enough time to watch every single one.  Perhaps you didn't have time for a drama everyone raved about in 2009 or wanted to go back in time to the starting point of korean drama craze to watch some classics. So recently, since I had 'plenty' of time, I started thinking of shows I wanted to watch that had already aired. Be it one or two years ago, or even more! Most of them were saeguks which are totally my taste, but I did manage to catch a few modern shows.


In the midst of watching:

1. Special Investigation Record (Joseon X Files) 기찰비록  (2010)





















I've seen the recaps on dramabeans and very much like the genre, but I wasn't able to start it until now. This show was all the potential to being the 'best series' ever and I totally agree with what the recappers have to say about this. If you're into sci-fi, mystery and saeguk's, this is totally worth watching. Although, this is not just a show to sit back and 'relax' to, instead you have to clear your mind and always be out on the watch as it grips you along the way. I'll probably finish it soon! 

2. Chuno (2010) 추노 





















I just started yesterday! What made me start to watch this? Well I just finished Damo (below) and I was craving for another action-packed saeguk and I saw someone mention Chuno on a forum (that was discussing Damo) so I looked it up, skimmed some reviews and started it. I've kind of refrained from reading too much about it because that will obviously bias my opinion as I watch. So far...it's been ok. The music, action, scenery is good...but I unfortunetly read too much about opinions about Lee Da Hae and her character. I can't judge too much for now, but I want to put that aside and have decided to watch for 1) the plot and 2) the side characters (many, many familiar faces and great performances so far). I guess the love-line will be just a filler for me. 



3. Heaven's Garden (2011) 천상의 화원-곰배령




















The main reason I wanted to watch this show in the first place was because of child actress, Kim Sae Ron. I saw her act in "A Better Life" (movie) and was extremely touched by her portrayal of her character and I saw her in "Can you Hear my Heart"(drama) as the child version of Hwang Jung Eum and she took away my heart there too. However, this drama did not seem popular enough to be subbed while it was airing so I only had to give it up (even the chinese subbers didn't take it =[) So to my surprise I found it on Viki with a totally dedicated team of subbers. If you want a heart-felt, warm, touching drama added with some conflicting (but not extreme) storyline, then this is the drama to go. You'll love every single character and episode (except for the douchebag husband)! Right now Viki has it subbed to episode 22 I believe.


4. Queen Seon Deok (2009) 선덕여왕

















This drama is on the top of my 'most epic K-drama' list, and I'm 7 or 8 episodes to the finale. Given that its 62 (!) episodes and the longest K-drama I've stuck with (besides a sitcom) since. I will finish it...but I needed time to let it soak in. I don't have much to say...other than its epic, gripping storyline, amazing portrayal of character from each actor (which is important) and moving, thunderous music!

Recently Finished:

1. Damo (2003)




















Took me 9 years to watch this brillant show? Man, I could not believe how much time I wasted! This is probably my favourite Kdrama and totally TOPS my 'most epic K-drama' list. I also want to dedicate an entire post or more to this so much more later! Oh, this is also the reason why I fell in love with Kim Min Joon *swooon*






Ok maybe I lied. The list only has one modern show. Haha. Perhaps it should be the "epic saeguk list"

0 comments:

Post a Comment