Saturday, February 9, 2013

Upcoming Dramas I Might Watch or Look Forward To

Oh, I really do have the bad habit of starting something and then not finishing it! But what can I do, there are just so many dramas coming out at me left and right! I can't resist!

So what dramas that have been announced, am I looking forward to and might watch?




구암 허준Guam Heo Jun

Mar.2013
MBC
Cast: Kim Joo Hyeok, Park Jin Hee, Nam Goong Min, Kim Mi Sook
( I keep seeing pictures of Han Chae Ah, but it seems like she's been replaced by Park Jin Hee)


A sequel of the 60-series drama that was successfully aired in 1999" (hancinema)

It's going to be 5 episodes a week for 120 episodes. Something different from a regular drama that airs 2 episodes once a week. I think I'm going to like this format better (like any other daily) because each episode is around 35 minutes and  you get your fix everyday! Totally in. Oh right, not to mention the stellar strong cast (with no idols! *jumps in glee*)


I'm hoping it'll be better than Horse Doctor...which ended up not my 'cup of tea.'




남자가 사랑할 때When a Man's in Love


Apr.2013
MBC
Cast: Song Seung Hoon, Shin Se Kyung, Yeon Woo Jin,Chae Jung An




"A man who's in love with the dead boss's woman but falls in love with another young woman. Song Seung-heon is the trusty under-man and the one who is caught up in the whirlwind of love" (hancinema)
So I'm not entirely a big fan of melo-drama, but if the cast is appealing and I'm okay with the storyline, I might try it out. The plot isn't of interest as it's a pretty typical k-drama storyline, but I think I'll watch it or the cast. I've watched dramas these 4 leads were in so there's no one in particular that I dislike. I'm especially looking forward to Yeon Woo Jin (Arang) and Chae Jung An (Cain and Abel).



여왕의 교실Queen's Classroom


Jun.2013
MBC
Cast: Go Hyeon Jeong





A self-righteous and never smiling teacher and a cold female student spend a year of conflicts and quarrels.(hancinema)

It doesn't seem like Go has confirmed it yet, but if she does I'm totally watching it for her! (I ALSO WISH SO BADLY that Nam Ji Hyun (actress) will get the role as female student! )



그 겨울, 바람이 분다That Winter, The Wind Blows


Feb. 2013
SBS
Cast: Song Hye Gyo, Jo In Sung




A melodrama about a man and a blind woman who don’t believe in love. Oh Soo is an orphan who is left heartbroken later in life after his first love passes away and comes to lead a goal-less life as a high stakes gambler. Oh Young is a lonely heiress who feels she must look after others and herself after her parents get divorced and she finds herself becoming visually impaired. The two will come to find the true meaning of love after meeting each other.(wiki)



Highly anticipated by many because of Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung. That's also one of the main reasons I'm interested as well. Second, it's another collaboration between writer and director Noh Hee Kyung and Kim Kyoo Tae who worked together previously on "Padam Padam" (Jung Woo Sung, Han Ji Min), in which I watched. Thirdly, Moon Geun Young has starred in the movie version before, which I also watched! The only thing I'm not pleased about is the casting of the idol actor, but I'll try to give them a chance while watching...



장옥정, 사랑에 살다Jang Ok Jung


Mar.2013
SBS
Cast: Kim Tae Hee, Yoo Ah In, Jae Hee




Modernizing Jang Hee-bin who has only been known as a femme fatale in history until now, this drama consists of depth and fun as well as historical imagination (hancinema)
*and they've been emphasizing on her being a 'fashion designer"*

It's not that I'm really excited for this or anything. The cast is okay (yes, idol actors have been casted). Well, I'm not particually hot or cold against Kim Tae Hee, but she's like a 'goddess' in Korea apparently. I've seen her in early dramas like Stairway to Heaven and the only recent one I remember was a disaster (Princess... something? Forgot.) Yoo Ah In, he's pretty solid so I guess I'm looking forward to his performance the most. (Hope he gets to redeem himself after Fashion Flop King). The others...not to familiar with. All in all, it's a a saeguk, so maybe that's why it appeared in my "to watch list". 




더 바이러스The Virus


Mar.2013
OCN
Cast: Eom Gi Joon, Lee So Jeong, Lee Ki Woo




Three days from infection to death! The special infection Crisis Task Force struggles with his short period infection to save the humans. The first virus thriller in the country. (hancinema)


Need I say more? That's already exciting from reading the synopsis. Mystery, action, viruses, bring it on! 

(And I'm looking forward to Eom Gi Joon and Lee Ki Woo)


궁중잔혹사 - 꽃들의 전쟁Cruel Palace- War of Flowers


Mar.2013
jTBC
Cast: Kim Hyeon Joo, Jeong Seung Woon, Jeon Tae Soo (aka Ha Ji Won's brother) Song Seon Mi





a war between the women of kings' who fight to take over 
power and love. (hancinema)


I've got to say, this is really highly antcipated on my list. First, it's a saeguk. Second, I think I'm already liking the cast. And uh, third? I don't know, it just seems like it'll be good! Oh, and no idols.





0 comments:

Post a Comment